



Well, it's official. We've been living with this puppy for two months now and she's grown on us considerably. We loved her from the get-go, but there were some trying times. And still are. She picked up some less-than-stellar habits while I was in Michigan, one of which being to wake up at six a.m. and cry until you feed her. Not fun. She can now jump up on the bed, into the car, onto the couch, you name it. I've never minded Sipsey sleeping on the bed, because she stays at the foot and rarely bothers us and keeps my feet nice and toasty. But Piper wants to sleep on the pillows with her body spooning your head. She's always been a very independent pup, disappearing through the doggy door to play outside for hours, I'd even occasionally find her napping in her crate, but lately she's been disappearing and I've been discovering her in the bed, which I make nice and neat every morning, which she pulls back the covers to create a little nest out of blankets, sheets, and pillows. I've been having to wash the sheets a lot more, needless to say.
Our activities are no longer limited to short hikes or walks, and I've had her out on the five-mile trail at Ruffner Mountain with me a few times and she's held her own (and then sleeps the rest of the day.) We've also been taking long (45 minute) walks, and she and Sipsey have gotten it down pat. Side-by-side down the sidewalk, always have to be touching. Sipsey has warmed up to Piper a lot over the past month, and lets her snuggle up to her, and Sips will even INITIATE some of their more rowdy wrestling sessions (which occur periodically through the course of the day and involve crazy animal noises that turn my living room into the National Geographic Channel.) They've become very protective of each other at the dog park, and Sipsey will not let anyone harm her little sister.
They are a joy every day, and my constant companions. Through these trying economic times, they help remind me that it is the simple pleasures that make life worth living and so enjoyable. The walks. The naps. I learn something new from them every day.
I'll try to get a video of Piper's tricks and post that in the next few days!
2 comments:
Oh. My. God. She is the cutest puppy in the whole wide world. Hands down.
Glad to hear that you got the leash walks figured out with both pups.
Miss you face!
She is the cutest puppy. Lilly loves to look at you puppy pics. But still does not make me want a dog quite yet..maybe someday?
Post a Comment