Dirk is opposed to "wasting" money on flowers, and instead decided that he wanted to purchase and plant a tree for me. I picked out this weeping cherry tree. I've always wanted a weeping willow, and this one is similar but it flowers in the springtime. We named it Willow Offgood from the VHS movie my mother would rent us (complete with rentable VCR) from the Ida Grove movie theater once a week. We must have watched that movie fifty times. Dirk and I still watch it occasionally. Just a few weeks ago, in fact :)

Then we drank bloody marys on the porch and decided to take a dip in the river. Who needs a pool when there's a river a few short miles from home? Our usual swimming hole was occupied by some loud, tattoo'ed, hillbillies, so we found a quiet spot and spent a few hours in the sun.

Piper will do anything for a B-A-L-L, including take a seat in the river.

We tidied up and swung by Granddaddy's for a glass of wine and some chit chat. Dirk has accepted a new job opportunity and Granddaddy wanted to hear all about it. Then Granddad snapped our picture in his beautiful garden before we went to Fleming's for dinner.

We realized when we started discussing our anniversary dinner that it was going to be difficult to find any of the higher end, locally owned restaurants open on Sunday. Neither of us had been to Fleming's, and when they found out it was our anniversary they had a red rose to put at our table and they even sent us home with chocolate truffles! It was definitely a special meal.
Our big day was made even more special by our favorite band, who decided to stream their show live last night in our honor (ha!) So we had a couch tour party in our living room. The dogs love to dance to Phish just as much as we do.

So yes, it was a great day.
I hope you are all enjoying your Memorial Day weekends! I'm off to work (blah!)
4 comments:
Lib, that is an AMAZING pic of the two of you. Framer for sure. Glad you had a great day... Too bad you couldn't end it the same way you ended the night you got married, by doing a swan dive, fully dressed, into a swimming pool.
I agree... absolutely gorgeous photo of you and your love!! So glad you both had a good first anniversary! Here's to many more! xo
OH, and seriously, Piper and Jager are siblings from another... He too quite likes to dance! I am just picturing Piper and Jager doing the samba! haha!
Oh, Libba. What a great and special day! Happy Anniversary.
And by the way...when your kids look back on the photos you are about to take on your honeymoon...they will surely think you are Hotties!
Happy Anniversary Libba! I love your family :)
Post a Comment