Saturday, May 28, 2011

the past few days, in photos

"And the turtles, of course....All the turtles are free - As turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be." - Dr. Seuss

The other day I was pulling into the driveway and this guy was just hanging out there. I'm glad it was him and not a snake. We've had a run-in with this guy a week or so ago, when he was hanging out, looking like a rock, and Piper got too close to him and got snapped at. Ha! She jumped about a foot in the air. It was pretty funny. I was glad I had my camera in the car, so I could get some close-ups. Have you ever been this close to a snapper's nostrils? He's so prehistoric!
We had a much needed shower on Thursday, and I always run outside with my camera right afterwards in order to get shots like this.
Something was going on with me yesterday, and after trying to sit at my computer for an hour or so, I called it quits and hit the couch. So here's the anatomy of my sick day:
1. 2 golden retrievers
2. 1 cell phone
3. 1 iPad
4. 1 notebook and pen for making lists (one of my favorite past-times :)
5. 1 remote controlFeeling better today, relaxing a bit before the craziness of this afternoon ensues! I'll tell you all about it tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the turtle! mom

The Thorson Throwdown said...

Making lists is my favorite also! And about your "salty" post-I remember you eating gardettos mustard pretzels at dance, I have been hooked ever since! I also am a saltaholic.