Sunday, October 26, 2008

Awww, sweet relief!

No more wandering, wondering, feeling lost. I have some direction, and it feels like the pounds I've packed on since I lost my job have magically disappeared. I couldn't have predicted that something so great would come along, either!

For the foreseeable future, I will continue traveling (at least) once a month. Sometimes to take photographs. Sometimes to write. Sometimes to shuttle around journalists. But all the time earning enough to pay the bills. And leaving free time in Birmingham to pursue other opportunities: freelancing for area publications, taking portraits, walking the dog, reading, enjoying life without full-time corporate employment. Score one for the team!

Starving Artists -1
The Man - 0

4 comments:

Famous Amys said...

AND you can come home for Thanksgiving and play with me. Yea!

Um, the word verification is TRASH. Is that a sign? Are you drinking? Is Sipsey eating the garbage? I'll talk to you tomorrow to find out.

LOVE - B

Elaine Warner said...

Yea! Good on you. You're destined for great things -- glad you will have a cushion while you look for that perfect opportunity.

MoCos said...

I love the basement..It looks like the basement of all my friend's parents houses that we hung out in high school...do not down play the sexiness of a pea green sectional..

Stephanie said...

oh, you have to appreciate a starving artist. But it's really nice when us artists can eat. Good Luck!