Saturday, October 18, 2008

on the reservation


The spirits weren't very excited about our presence on the Navajo Reservation last weekend. In fact, they blew up a windstorm just for us. It's fun driving in the desert with hurricane force winds, let me tell you. Especially with a minivan full of journalists (a.k.a. back-seat drivers.) White knuckle driving at it's best. This is also the day after my minivan had a flat tire an hour from civilization. So I was a little wary. But the view of Shiprock was worth it. Even though I could only stand being outside for five minutes to get shots of it (the wind blew me to my knees at one point), you can't even see the sand blowing around in this photograph. Showering that night, I looked down at the tub and it was full of sand. I had sand places where I didn't know sand could go. But I won't elaborate on that.

1 comment:

MoCos said...

Libba if you ever need a friend to come with you on one of your "work" trips..I am available..Just saying