Saturday, October 18, 2008

an eye's an eye's an eye



Since I first got contacts in eighth grade, I've been fibbing about my eye color. Primarily because I hated the question "Are those your real eyes?!" Because seriously, how many people do you know who have FAKE eyes?! It was easier to say, "Yes," and change the subject.

But as I've grown older, I've dreaded that question and cringe whenever someone accosts me with it. So now, after more than ten years, I've reclaimed my original eye color. The switch occurred on my 28th birthday, and it wasn't the only major development of the day. I also received my first gray hair. Which I showed to everyone I saw that day and then yanked out. And for those of you who say that it was probably just a blonde highlight: it was course. And most definitely GRAY!

Back to my eyes. Yes. Well, I'm quite proud of myself, and taken with my "new" eyes. I think they're rather pretty, actually. And they're not that different from the tinted color I was sporting. So here's an eye photo, to show the world (or at least the blogosphere) my REAL eyes!

9 comments:

Famous Amys said...

Gorgeous!

Jess said...

Your new, but old eye is very pretty. Love your mascara too!

Jess said...

How do you add the new posts time?

~Juli said...

Nice Libba. How am I not surprised you've managed to take a perfect picture of your eye :) Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, eye heart your eye!

Anonymous said...

Oops. I didn't mean to be anonymous!

Jess said...

When I got to your blog - it has all of the blogs that you visit and it shows when they last posted a new posting - how did you get that?

The Thorson Throwdown said...

I think that your eye color is gorgeous-I can't believe that you have been disguising it all these years-who knew?

Little 'Nemos said...

you crack me up.. love your eye